The perfect Paleo soup for fall & winter, and using up leftover squash and greens to satisfy your Caveman Diet
cravings! Brought to you by Carson Sweezy
2 acorn squash (or 1 butternut)
1 yellow onion quartered
1 yellow onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
2 qt of stock
1 bunch Tuscan kale, roughly chopped (or whatever dark leafy greens you have)
1 T ground cumin
2 tsp smoked paprika
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 475.
- Peel and cube squash into 1-inch chunks.
- Line sheet tray with olive oil and place 2/3 of the squash and the quartered onion on the tray. Roast in oven 15 minutes or until slightly charred and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat a dutch oven over medium-high heat with coconut oil. Sear Ayoba Boerewors Sausage, about 2 minutes each side. Remove from pan.
- Lower pan to medium heat, add diced onions and sauté until translucent.
- Add garlic, cumin, cinnamon, and paprika. Sauté one minute.
- Deglaze with stock, and add roasted squash.
- Bring to a boil. Using food wand (or blender), puree until smooth.
- Add remaining squash and bring to a boil, 10 minutes or until squash cubes are fork-tender. Add chopped kale.
- Serve topped with sliced sausages, charred onion, and roasted squash seeds (optionally, stir in chopped, cooked Boerewors to the soup at the end).
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.