Adam, Head of Marketing at Ayoba, has been a long time advocate of clean eating. Adam loves to incorporate Biltong & Droewors creatively into recipes like this Angel Hair Chickpea Pasta w/ Shredded Biltong, Garlic, Herbs & Fresh Parmesan.
Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4 as a side
- 8 ounces angel hair chickpea pasta (we used Banza)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh herbs such as rosemary, thyme, oregano
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon chili pepper flakes (or more to taste)
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 oz of Biltong, finely grated
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. (1 tbsp salt for every 2 quarts of water)
Heat the olive oil in a small saucepan on medium heat.
- Add the sliced garlic, chili pepper flakes, finely chopped herbs, and chopped parsley to the oil.
Cook for one minute or until the parsley has wilted and the garlic is emitting a strong fragrance. Remove from heat.
Once the water is at a rolling boil, add the pasta.
- Cook at a rolling boil until al dente.
- Drain the pasta and rinse briefly with cold water, just enough to stop the cooking, but not so much as to make the pasta cold.
- Place pasta in a large bowl. Pour herbed garlic sauce over the pasta and gently toss to combine.
- Sprinkle shredded Ayoba Biltong, parmesan cheese and freshly ground black pepper over the pasta and gently toss to combine.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.