Want to impress your loved ones with a fancy brunch? Or maybe treat yourself to an indulgent breakfast in bed this weekend. This is the perfect scramble. Elegant, velvety, yum. This Keto & Paleo friendly recipe is brought to you by Sweezy.
This dish comes together really quickly, so you need to pay some attention to get them just right.
For 2 servings you’ll need:
- 2 oz bag of Traditional or Spicy Ayoba Biltong
- 6 whole eggs (room temperature, don’t whisk)
- 3 T butter
- 1 T sour cream or creme fraiche (optional)
- Small saucepan or non-stick skillet
- Crack eggs into a cold, small saucepan or large non-stick skillet, and add the slices of butter.
- Place on burner over medium-high heat. Stir constantly with the spatula and alternate the pan from being on the heat, to off the heat as you stir.
- It will take some time to develop the custard-like consistency you want here. At first it will seem like they aren’t coming together at all. Be patient, and remember to stir the whole time, like risotto and all of sudden it will come together nicely.
- After 5-10 minutes you’ll see the eggs come together to your desired consistency.
- Gently fold in the shredded Ayoba Biltong and a dollop of sour cream (omit for Paleo), and serve over mushrooms! Enjoy!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.