This Whole30 and Paleo Taco Tuesday delicious recipe is brought to by the Numero Uno Nourisher, Carson Sweezy!
For the grain-free flour tortillas:
Ingredients for 6 tortillas
- ¾ cup cassava flour
- ¼ c + 2 T warm water
- 2 T olive oil or avocado oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- Heat a cast iron skillet or pancake griddle to medium-high heat
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl until well combined adding more water as needed until a smooth ball forms. It should be crumbly but, still hold together
- Divide dough into 6 equal parts.
- Place a piece of parchment paper down, at least 6” in length, then place one dough ball, then place another piece of parchment paper. Roll out with a rolling pin until flat, or using a tortilla press. Repeat with remaining dough balls
- Cook on medium-high for 2-3 minutes, until bubbles form. Then flip and cook until bubbles form again, another 1-3 minutes.
- Serve warm!
For the Chipotle Taco Sauce
- 1 7 oz can of Chipotles in adobo sauce (or 5-7 dried chiles, a mixture of Ancho, Guajillo, Pasilla, etc)
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 1/2 red onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- If using dehydrated chiles, place in a large bowl and cover with boiling water to rehydrate, and then cover the bowl with food wrap. Allow them to rehydrate for 10 minutes.
- Place dehydrated or canned chiles into the bowl of a food processor. Add cilantro, onion, and garlic and pulse.
- Add in honey and stream olive oil through the feed tube.
- Add water to thin the sauce out to the desired consistency, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Blend until smooth and adjust the flavor by adding more honey until the sauce is desired, sweetness. Add more water until the sauce is smooth.
Assembly of Tacos
- Fill with Spicy Biltong roasted veggies of your choice that are tossed in the taco sauce (sweet potatoes, broccoli, brussels sprouts)
- Top veggies with Ayoba Spicy Biltong
- Top with your favorite taco fillings: lettuce, tomatoes, onion, avocado, etc.
- Pour more taco sauce on top! Disfrutar! 😋