This delicious Creamy Biltong Mac N' Cheese Recipe was created by Claire from @EatForCheap.
- 1 package of 2 oz Ayoba Biltong (spicy or traditional)
- 1 lb. dried elbow pasta
- 6 tbsp. of butter (unsalted is preferred but salted works just fine)
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 teaspoons salt - to taste
- 1 teaspoon pepper - to taste
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire (or less, to taste)
- 1 sprinkle of nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons of ground mustard powder (more or less to taste, dijon mustard will work too)
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook elbow pasta according to box instructions large pot of heavily salted boiling water.
- Over medium to medium low heat, melt butter in a large saucepan.
- Once butter is melted, whisk in flour and continue to whisk for about 3 minutes.
- Add in the milk, salt, pepper, Worcestershire, nutmeg, paprika, and mustard powder. Stir until combined.
- Let cook for about 8 minutes on medium low heat - stirring occasionally
- Once sauce thickens, add in cheese and stir until completely melted
- Add chopped up Ayoba Biltong and stir to combine (you can chop by hand or use a food processor or blender to break it up).
- Taste the sauce and add additional salt/pepper if needed.
- Drain your elbow pasta and add it directly to your saucepan (if your pan is not large enough, just combine everything in the large pot you cooked your pasta in).
- Grease a 9”x13” pan and add the noodle mixture.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top followed by the bread crumbs.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, until the cheese is bubbly and the bread crumbs are nice and golden brown.
- Eat immediately and enjoy! (add hot sauce for some additional heat).